Support Suicide Prevention Awareness
Share this page to encourage others to Read Up on the warning signs for suicide and Reach Out to someone they care about.
Even surrounded by friends and family, someone experiencing emotional pain can feel isolated. You may sense something is wrong, but not realize how serious it is. Trust your instincts.
You can take your own steps towards supporting fellow San Diegans. Walk in memory of a loved one, show your support, and participate in a free workshop to learn the warning signs of suicide.
- QPR Training – One hour suicide prevention trainings are available at no cost. Visit www.spcsandiego.org.
- Walk in Remembrance With Hope: Sunday, September 13th at Balboa Park (6th Ave. & Laurel St.).
- Out of Darkness Walk: Saturday, October 24th at Liberty Station NTC Park (Preble Field) (2600 Cushing Rd – San Diego, CA 92106). American Foundation for Suicide Prevention- San Diego Chapter. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 855-869-2377.
- Check Your Mood Day is an annual event held in conjunction with National Depression Screening Day on Thursday, October 8th. Organizations across the county will be providing free Check Your Mood screenings and resources to help raise awareness for mental health.
- San Diego County National Alliance on Mental Illness Walk/Run, Saturday, April 25, 2020 at NTC Park in Liberty Station. For more information, contact NAMI San Diego, email@example.com, 858-634-6580.
- Recovery Happens San Diego, Saturday, September 12, 2020 at Waterfront Park, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego. Hosted by the County of San Diego.
For more information or to read up on the warning signs of suicide, visit SuicideIsPreventable.org.