From Small Talk to Real Talk
Expressing genuine interest in others is a great way to open up conversation and connect more deeply. Try taking some of the time you spend together to ask questions that don’t come up in day-to-day conversations. Whether you are taking a walk with your partner, driving with your kids, or having friends or family over for a BBQ, try these conversation starter questions. For a dinner party you can print and put them on each guest’s place setting.
- What is something you own that has sentimental value and you would never sell?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- If you were going to write a book, what would it be about?
- If you could be in a commercial to sell any product you love what would it be and why?
- If you have a bad day, what food or TV show would cheer you up?
- If you could eat one food every day, what would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be?
- What is your favorite word?
- Is there something you have dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
Courtesy of Each Mind Matters and www.TheInspiredRoom.net